Welcome to the OVCAA official website!
OVCAA News Archive
- The second General Education Conference of UP Diliman was held last October 18-19, 2012 at the NIP Intel Center for Science Innovation Auditorium. The program of activites and abstracts of the oral and poster presentations are found here. For more information on the GE Conference 2012, please read the following news item.
- The UP Diliman School of Library and Information Sciences (SLIS) is the top performing school at the recently held PRC Library Licensure Examinations. Not only did the SLIS earned a 100% passing rate out of 27 of their graduates, seven of them scored in the top ten. They are: 1st place: Brian Lloyd B. Dayrit, 3rd: Frances Elaine L. Lowe, 6th: Louise Kaye G. Mendoza, 7th: Aaron Paul L. Madrinan, 8th: Jerik-James E. Dionela, 9th: Karis Dawn M. Salinas, and 10th: Noel Salvador B. Casimiro. PRC is the Professional Regulation Commission of the Philippines which is "responsible for regulating and supervising the practice of professional individuals according to knowledge base and practice."
- A 100% passing rate was obtained by the College of Business Administration (CBA) graduates for the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) board given last May 2012 and this October. This is compared to the nationwide passing rate of 47.78%. A total of five CBA graduates made it to the top ten in both licensure exams. They are Trishia Julienne C. Simeon, 2nd, Mary Anne Jelli E. Gaza, 5th, Brad Neiel T. Dela Cruz, 7th, and Charlton Sean D. Gaerlan II, 9th, during the October 2012 CPA examination and Jessica Jean G. Gandeza placed 8th during the May batch. The UPCBA alumni newsletter can be read here.
- The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) selected the paper of two UP Diliman SLIS students as the winning entry for the IFLA Library Information Science Student Paper Award 2012. Martin Julius Perez and Mariel Templanza wrote the paper entitled "Local Studies Centers: Transforming History, Culture and Heritage in the Philippines". The IFLA is a professional organization which "represents the interests of library and information services and their users" worldwide. The IFLA Press Release can be read here.
- UP Diliman held a campus wide Faculty Orientation last September 3, 2012 (Monday) at the SOLAIR Auditorium from 12:30 - 5:00 p.m. The program covered policies on teaching and grade submissions, appointments, benefits, research grants, load credits and other matters pertaining to faculty members. Read more ...
- Dr. Ernelea P. Cao and Dr. Marian P. Roque were chosen as the 2012 Gawad Chanselor Natatanging Guro. More…