UP Diliman General Catalogue
The Office of the University Registrar has launched the e-print of the UP Diliman General Catalogue this 3 February 2014. It contains the description of the academic degree programs offered by each unit and the list of courses. To read and get updates, please follow the link to the Catalogue.
OVCAA Convocation Report
- UP Diliman conducted its 2014 Convocation last February 18, 4 p.m.
at the University Theater. Vice Chancellor Ronald Banzon reported on the equipment
upgrade of OVCAA offices and the enhancement of its support services for the past
three years. He also mentioned the on-going projects of its staff offices.
His report can be found
For the latest news in UP, check out UPCurrents.
- A UP College of Law graduate tops the 2013 Philippines Bar Examinations. The results were released by the Supreme Court of the Philippines last 18 March 2014. Please read more here.
- The Gawad Chanselor was held last 21 February 2014, 2:30 p.m. at the Malcolm Hall to honor its outstanding teachers, researchers, staff and students. For more information on the event and the awardees, please read more here.
- The university wide forum on the Philippine Academic Calendar was held last 10 February 2014, at the National Institute of Physics Auditorium. For more information on the forum, please read more here.
- UP Diliman is again the top performing school in the PRC Librarian Licensure Examinations (LLE) given last November 3-4, 2013. Students of the School of Library and Information Studies are among the top ten examinees. They are Kriezel Joy Daria (2nd), Emmanuel Vinagrera (4th), John Ronald Almonina (6th), Chad Aren Diaz (7th) and Kristine Marie Detoyato (8th).
- The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
oversees the regulation and setting of standards of various professions in the country. UP Diliman graduates have consistently performed well in various professional licensure examinations. For more information, check out the news on the following PRC exams:
1. Architecture (January 2014)
2. Electronics Engineering (December 2013)
3. Accounting [CPA] (October 2013)
4. Interior Design (October 2013)
5. Chemistry (September 2013)
6. Geodetic Engineering (September 2013)
7. Geology (August 2013)
8. Metallurgical Engineering (August 2013)
9. Nutrition and Dietetics (July 2013)
10. Architecture (June 2013).
11. Social Work (June 2013).
- Faculty Orientation 2013
UP Diliman conducted a Faculty Orientation last Monday, 16 September 2013 from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the SOLAIR Auditorium for the newly hired faculty members of the university. Discussions were on the various officies, policies and services of the university for faculty members including processing of appointment papers, availability of research dissemination grants among others.
- The College of Music and departments from the College of Arts and Letters, the College of Mass Communications and the College of Social Sciences and Philosophy were named as Centers of Excellence by the Commission of Higher Education (CHED). Read more ...
- The current visiting professors and researchers of the University of the Philippines Diliman had an international acquaintance get together at the UP Balay Kalinaw last 21 June 2013. The event was organized by the Center for International Studies and the Office of Extension Coordination. Read more ...
- This June 2013 the College of Mass Communication will offer a PhD in Media Studies program. Read more ...
- For other news, please go to the news archive.
Gawad Chanselor sa Natatanging Guro
- Call for Nominations of the Gawad Chanselor sa Natatanging Guro
Deadline for submission of nominations to the OVCAA is on 6 December 2013.
Download a copy of the guidelines and the nomination form here.
- The 2013 awardees for the Gawad Chanselor Natatanging Guro are Dr. Sonia D. Jacinto of the Institute of Biology, College of Science, Dr. Agnes Clotilde T. Paras of the Institute of Mathematics, College of Science, and Dr. Ma. Luisa T. Camagay, Department of History of the College of Social Sciences and Philosophy. The awards were presented during the Gawad Chanselor culminating event of the Linggo ng Parangal last Feb. 22, 2013 at the Malcolm Hall of the College of Law. Read more ...
- Follow the links on the recent recipients of the Gawad Chanselor sa Natatanging Guro
UP Diliman Centennial Professorial Chairs
& Faculty Grants
The call for nominations for the UP Diliman Centennial Professorial Chairs and Faculty Grants for the July 2013 to June 2014 cycle are now open. Nominations are due on 18 October 2013. For more information, read the memo here.
Here are the lists of awardees for the past five cycles of the UP Diliman Centennial Professorial Chairs and Faculty Grants. Each faculty member receiving this award has a PhD/doctoral degree, and has shown proof of research or creative output and of mentoring.